While course enrollment in Moodle is handled automatically, there may be times when you need to add a person manually to your Moodle site. This video demonstrates how to add users.
- Turn editing on for the course.
- In the Course Administration block, choose Users > Enrolled Users.
- Click the Enroll Users button.
- Choose a roll from the Assign Roll drop-down menu.
- Type a name into the Search box and select a user from the possible matches that appear in the drop-down list.
- Once selected, the user will appear as a Selected User.
- You can add another name to the Search box to add more users to the Selected Users list. Click the Enroll Users button to add the selected individuals to the course.
- The new users will now appear in the Participants list.
Changing User Roles
- To edit a user’s roll, click the Pencil icon next to their role.
- Choose a new role from the drop-down menu to add it to existing roles.
- Click the “X” next to any roles you wish to delete.
- Click the Save icon to save the changes.
Deleting Manually Added Users
To delete a user from your course, click the Trash can icon that corresponds to their name in the Participants list.