Panopto automatically captions every video that is uploaded to the system. The captions, however, are not visible to the viewer unless you enable them.
- Hover over the video’s thumbnail and click the Edit button.
- Click the Captions tab.
- Choose Import automatic captions from the Import captions drop-down menu.
- The captions will appear. Click anywhere within the caption text to correct caption errors.
- Click anywhere outside of the caption text to save the changes.
- Click the Apply button to make the captions and your changes visible. If you don’t click the Apply button, Panopto will save your caption changes but they will not be visible to the viewer.
- Click the Ok button to close the Editor.