You can log into Panopto two ways. If you hold a “teacher” role in a Moodle course, you can log into Panopto from inside of your course by using the Panopto block. Users without Moodle “teacher” accounts can log into Panopto from Panopto’s website.
Logging in via Moodle
- Log into Moodle.
- Open a course in which you hold a “teacher” role. (Users with teacher roles in Moodle automatically get “creator” access in Panopto. Students will have only “viewer” access to videos.)
- Turn editing on by sliding the Edit Mode toggle to the on position. (Those using the Classic Theme in Moodle can click the Turn Editing on button.)
- If necessary, click the Block drawer button to reveal the installed course blocks.
- Scroll through the various course blocks in your course until you find the Panopto block.
- If you don’t see the block, you will need to add it using the Add a block block. Choose Panopto from the options.
- Click the Course settings link in the Panopto block.
- Panopto will open in a separate tab in your browser.
- Close the Panopto Course Folder Settings window by clicking the X in the upper right corner.
- You will now be logged into your Panopto Course Folder.
- To navigate to another folder, click the Browse button and select another folder from the list.
- Click the Pin icon to pin the Browse panel open.
Logging in via the Panopto Website
- Go to https://gettysburg.hosted.panopto.com/
- Choose Gettysburg SSO from the drop-down menu and click the Sign in button.
- Enter your Gettysburg Username and Password and click the Login button.
Note: if this is your first time logging into the system, Panopto will create a “Viewer” account which allows you to view videos shared with you or members of the college as a whole. Faculty, staff, and administrators can get “Creator” accounts, which will allow them to upload their own content. Students have viewer accounts and can upload content to Panopto only via an assignment folder in their Moodle courses. If you are faculty, staff, or an administrator and need creator rights, please contact the Help Desk to have your account converted to a creator account.
- To determine whether or not you have “Creator” access to Panopto, click on your username icon in the upper right corner of the Panopto screen once logged into the system.