Moodle offers several advanced grading options that allow instructors to create rubrics, checklists, and marking guides and use them in the grading process.
Adding a Rubric to an Assignment
- Turn Editing on for the course.
- Create a new Assignment.
- Open the Assignment and click the Advanced Grading tab.
- Select Rubric from the Change active grading method to drop-down menu.
- You can either define a new rubric or create one from a previously made rubric.
- To create a new rubric:
- click the Define new grading form from scratch button.
- Enter a Name for the Rubric.
- Enter your criterion and level information.
- Use the Add level and Add criterion buttons to add rows and columns to your rubric.
- To create a rubric from a template or previously made rubric:
- click the Create new grading form from a template button.
- To view rubrics you have created previously, check the Include my own forms box and click the Search button.
- Find the rubric you wish to use as a template and click the Use this template link.
Video Recording: Moodle Advanced Grading (Rubrics and Marking Guides) Training
For video instructions on using rubrics, checklists, and marking guides, see the following recording of a live training covering Moodle’s advanced grading options.
Moodle.org Support Links
For more information about this Moodle topic, see the following articles on the moodle.org support site.