Sometimes you find yourself in a Zoom meeting, only to discover that your participants are not there and are unable access the meeting. The most likely cause of this situation is that you sent out a Zoom invitation with one meeting ID, but opened your current Zoom session using a different meeting ID. There are a couple of ways to fix this “right time, wrong room” problem.
Method 1: Send a new invitation from within your current Zoom session
- In the upper, left corner of the active Zoom meeting window, click the green Meeting information icon.
- Click the Copy Link button.
- Paste the link into an email and send it to your participants.
Method 2: Close the current Zoom session and open another Zoom session using the meeting ID in your original invitation
- Close your current Zoom session.
- Find your original Zoom session invitation. (Depending on how you originally notified your participants, check your Outlook calendar or Sent email folder.)
- Copy the Meeting ID from the invitation.
- In the Zoom application, click the Join button.
- Paste the Meeting ID into the ID field and click the Join button.