IrfanView is a free, basic image viewer and editor for Windows. Use the Paint Tools panel to add shapes, arrows, text, and other annotations to an image. IrfanView also comes with several image filters, including blur, pixelize, sepia, and sharpen/unsharp mask.
Accessing the Paint Tools
- Open the image in IrfanView.
- Open the Edit menu and select Show Paint dialog.
Circling an Item in an Image
- On the Paint Tools pane:
- Uncheck the Fill checkbox
- Set the width of the circle outline, using the up and down arrows on the Width box
- Choose a color by clicking the foreground color square.
- Select the Ellipse tool.
- Click and drag on the image to draw the circle.
Blurring Part of an Image
- Click the Selection tool.
- Click and drag on the image to select the area of the image you wish to blur.
- Open the Image menu and choose Effects > Effects Browser.
- Choose Gaussian Blur and use the slider to increase or decrease the blur level.
- Click the OK button.
- Click anywhere on the image to deselect the blurred area.